Characterization and Growth of Thin Films
Dra. O. Sánchez, Dr. Ignacio Jiménez, Dr. Raúl Gago
The Laboratory for Characterization and Growth of Thin Films has the following equipment and services:
- Surface profilometer Dektak 150, from Veeco.
- Portable Raman Analyzers EZ-Raman-N from Enwave Optronics, coupled to an optical microscope Leica DM300 with Nd:YAG (532 nm) laser.
- Emissometer Model AE1 from Devices & Service Company.
- Spectrophotometer SolidSpec 3700 UV-VIS-NIR from Shimadzu with Integrating Sphere, Wavelenght range: 190nm-3300nm.
- FTIR spectroscopy (near-specular reflectance), Varian 660 MID-NEAR IR, with variable incident-angle accessory.
- Nanoindenter, mod. NanoTest P1, from MicroMaterials, up to 500mN and Berkovich indenter. (100nm)
- Thin films deposition systems: (i) Sputtering with up to 3 magnetron sources simultaneously for deposition of metals, oxides and nitrides (ii) Nitrogen (or noble gases) Ion beam-assisted thermal evaporation (with two electron guns).
- Low-pressure annealing at controlled atmosphere. Tubular quartz reactor. Temperatures up to 900°C and Ar, N2 and/or O2 atmosphere.
+34913349000 ext. 315